Tuesday, September 27

California Dreaming Influences This Week’s Cool Conservative Pick

I am not sure other bloggers get writer’s block, but boy, I sure had a bout of the “nothing’s firing my writing synapses” this past week. Maybe it’s because I am getting to take my first real vacation of the year. Soon to be lounging and riding at the incredibly beautiful and understated Alisal Guest Ranch located in the slightly quirky town of Solvang California. 


Seriously folks, Alisal is one of the coolest and most restful places I know. The once working ranch turned guest ranch is nestled in the gorgeous and sprawling Santa Ynez Valley right near Reagan’s ranch. What could be more cool and conservative?!
I suppose my longing for next week and some downtime as the GOP election cycle picks up in Utah with redistricting announcements just around the corner have forced me to think West, Horses (my most favorite animal), Hollywood and Conservative all at once. For this reason, I have decided to focus my brainwaves on Robert Duvall, one of my all-time favorite actors.

I liked him Godfather but loved him in Lonesome Dove. Not sure if it was the cool, sometimes cold air of confidence he portrayed through the mini-series as Captain Augustus "Gus" McCrae. It could have been his ability to use so few words but get the job done, or maybe it was his acts of kindness toward the women he loved, protected and cared for from Lorie to Clara. It’s hard to say. I think, however, my knowledge of Duvall’s equestrian expertise and knowing he generally did most of his own riding in movies throughout his career helped seal the deal.

But, what made the entire Cool Conservative choice so sweet was finding out that Robert Duvall is a life-long Conservative. While some say Duvall holds a more Libertarian view of the world, it’s no matter to me. I’ll take Libertarian / Conservative over morally bankrupt Liberal Progressive any day of the week. With this last pot shot, I officially name Robert Selden Duvall (born January 5, 1931), the American actor and director, EUG’s Cool Conservative of the week.

No comments:

RINO Blog Watch (Blog)

RINO Forum - User Submitted News

RINO Forum - Elections

Recent Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Views (since Blogger started counting)

Blog Archives

Content.ad - Widget 13

Click Here To Become A Conservative Blogs Central Blogger

Back to TOP