Thursday, January 24

Big Black Car-Gregory Alan Isakov

 Big Black Car-Gregory Alan Isakov

This is just outstanding, a bit of Americana, blues, blue grass, folk, rockabilly, fine blend of all of it.

I am married to a very fine lady and one of the best, most talented, complete musicians I have very been around in my life. I cannot play a damn thing but I know music and musicians. She found this guy looking for songs for one of her three groups she plays in. We watched an listened to this four times. Damn fine song and talent




Lyrics:

You were a phonograph, I was a kid I sat with an ear close, just listenin' in I was there when the rain tapped her way down your face You were a miracle; I was just holdin' your space

Well, time has a way of throwing it all in your face The past, she is haunted, the future is laced Heartbreak, ya know, drives a big black car I swear I was in the back seat, just minding my own

And through the glass, the corn crows come like rain They won't stay, they won't stay For too long now This could be all that we know Of love and all

Well, you were a dancer, and I was a rag The song in my head, well it was all that I had Hope was a letter I never could send Well, love was a country we couldn't defend

And through the carnival we watch them go round and round All we knew of home was just a sunset and some clowns

Well you were a magazine, I was a plain Jane Just walking the sidewalks all covered in rain Love to just get into some of your stories Me and all of my plain Jane glory

Just me and all of my plain Jane glory

Big Black Car - by Gregory Alan Isakov performed by Isakov, Jeb Bows, and Phil Parker. Film by Todd Roeth



Tags: ENTER TAGS HERE To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the Patriot's Corner. Thanks!

No comments:

RINO Blog Watch (Blog)

RINO Forum - User Submitted News

RINO Forum - Elections

Recent Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Views (since Blogger started counting)

Blog Archives

Content.ad - Widget 13

Click Here To Become A Conservative Blogs Central Blogger

Back to TOP