Saturday, January 5

Obama: I Will Not Take Your Guns Away


I could not resist pointing out this double standard from the Leftist in Chief, Obama. The Drudge Report reported this interesting statement from a 2008 campaign speech given by Barack Obama:


Then presidential candidate Obama said:
I just want to be absolutely clear. All right, so I don't want any misunderstanding when you all go home, and you are talking to your buddies, and you say: "Ah he wants to take your guns away." You've heard it here. I'm on television so everybody knows it. I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe in people's lawful right to bear arms. I will not take your shotgun away. I will not take your rifle away. I won't take your handgun away. 
The Drudge Report also found this from The Washington Post: "White House weighs broad gun-control agenda in wake of Newtown shootings." After the Newtown shooting, the media and liberals have turned up the volume on their latest "crisis" - gun violence. Using the tragic shooting as a wedge to drive liberal dogma into the public arena Obama has appointed Joe Biden to head up a task force to look into ways the current administration can seize more power by enforcing gun controls without resorting to actually passing any laws.

Using a "crisis" to seize power is also part of liberal dogma. So is stifling dissenting voices. The media, in collusion with Obama's agenda, has systematically ridiculed or ignored any who support the 2nd Amendment and its intent.

When Obama says "I just want to be absolutely clear," I don't think he knows the meaning of the phrase. It doesn't mean what he thinks it means. Instead, it seems to mean: "Let me tell you what you want to hear, so that I can get into power, then run things according to my skewed vision of the Constitution."

The saddest part of all this is the praise the liberal media now give to Obama's agenda. It is the blind faith of the most ardent practitioner. Modern religion doesn't hold a candle to such a display of zeal and devotion.

No comments:

RINO Blog Watch (Blog)

RINO Forum - User Submitted News

RINO Forum - Elections

Recent Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Views (since Blogger started counting)

Blog Archives

Content.ad - Widget 13

Click Here To Become A Conservative Blogs Central Blogger

Back to TOP