Check this out from: http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/211894241.html
MILWAUKEE - TODAY'S TMJ4 has learned that Milwaukee Police arrested a 27-year-old man at the scene of the shooting at Potawatomi Casino in the Menomonee Valley.
His arrest for recklessly endangering safety and carrying a concealed weapon this weekend is not the first time he's been in trouble.
Court records show he's been found guilty of exposing his genitals to a child, possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18 and resisting an officer.
Witnesses TODAY'S TMJ4's Yona Gavino spokes with say the woman who was shot appeared to be an innocent bystander.
She was shot in the leg.
Video taken by a woman hiding in the kitchen of the casino revealed the scene as it happened.
"Two men had gotten into an altercation," said Gabriella, a witness who said she was still too upset to talk on camera.
The people who were inside the casino hope the shooting forces management to review its security policies.
"I mean, they were right next to us, as close to you and me are standing right now...I was appalled. There's a shooting going on. There are shots fired and there's an exit behind me and they're telling me I can't leave? That was a scary moment," said Gabriella.
She said the incident wouldn't stop her from going back to the casino.
There are so many things wrong with this story. That’s not to say that it was reported inaccurately, I mean that the world is filled with idiots. I read some other articles dealing with this, and came up with this list of some of the things I felt were troubling, to say the least:
- Nowhere, in any of the news articles that I have read so far, has anyone mentioned that given the suspects record, he would not be able to legally carry a gun, proving that gun control laws don’t prevent criminals from using guns and aren’t they the people we should be worried about?. And as long as we’re talking about casinos and gambling, how much you wanna bet that if the shooter, up until that point was a law-abiding citizen with a CC permit, the news media would have been all over that?
- The casino is a gun-free zone. (So are all the schools and the so was the Aurora, CO movie theater.)
- The casino security people were not allowed to intervene in such situations, so they just stood and watched. Casino patrons wrestled the gunman to the ground. http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/charges-pending-in-shooting-at-potawatomi-casino-b9935330z1-211804991.html
- The idiot witness says that this will not prevent her from going back to the casino. Not that there is any chance that something like this would ever happen again when she is there, but once again on the casino theme, how much you wanna bet that nothing would prevent her from going back to the casino again? (Like taking care of her family, or risking her family’s car, home, and savings?) It’s a good thing the man with the gun isn’t her husband.
- The fact that we have Indian Gaming at all. I checked with the state of Wisconsin, and asked if I could start a German-Norwegian casino and they said “Nothing doing”.